Meet The Nashorn Development Team BOF
- No plans to open source Node.jar
- 3 former Rhino developers on the Nashorn team
- ...don’t have notes for the questions I asked, so imagine you’re reading
interesting implementation details here...
- No optimisations are planned for the near future.
- New features
- Here strings
- Edit strings
- Compatibility script for Rhino code
- Node.jar implements Node’s module system
- No plans for Nashorn itself to commit to a module system yet
- Making heavy use of invokeDynamic
- Node implementation is not as fast as native Node, but already in the ballpark
and they think they can get there **Akhil sinks into his chair in the
- 1 test left to reach 100% conformance with ECMA-262, ~8 bugs
- Not rushing it out the door - “we have time to get it right”
- Will be able to run under one of the smaller Jigsaw runtimes.
- Primary purpose is to enable scripting for Java, not to be some sort of